Beautiful on the inside, as well as on the outside. We will talk later about the inner beauty, today I want to share with you my routine for a FLAW-LESS complexion. Ready to hear my beauty secrets? Stay beautiful!
A good makeup day means a good day over all. Am I wrong, babes?
For me, makeup is a passion, to be honest, it’s one of the few things that I’m really good at. I can’t wait to share with you more tips and tricks about this little obsession of mine. Makeup is fun, it’s there to make you feel hella good on days when all you want to do is throw a pillow on your head. There’s nothing wrong about doing your makeup and that it makes you feel better about yourself. Just remember that, at the end of the day, you are beautiful no matter what and people love you for that. There are literally no rules in makeup (girl, just wing that fierce eyeliner, no mercy). Just have fun, hide that little pimple that’s bothering you, accentuate your beautiful, natural features (contour contour ‘them cheekbones). Do not be afraid to go for that sharp-ass contour during the day or that bold lip with the blackest black smokey eyes if you want to. It’s not a crime, have FUN!! You don’t lie to anybody if you wear makeup. Trust me, the right person loves you with or without your makeup done 10/10 because it’s your soul that matters after all. You are on fleek at 6 in the morning too.
Now let’s jump into it! My flawlwss face routine.
I like to keep things pretty natural. Yes, I do enjoy a cake face every now and then but most of the time my makeup is pretty neutral (if I don’t decide to add some sense to my life and throw on a fierce red lip). My routine is in a constant change. I’ve been buying drug store products for years because I thought that the difference between those and the high end brands can’t be that big. Wrong. Even though I had a heart attack each time I checked the price tag, I just closed my eyes and headed to the cash register. It’s quality over quantity, and these high end products changed my routine and the way my makeup looked, plus their perfect package.. it’s a pleasure to apply them.
(You have direct links to Sephora if the products are available)
1. Naked skin concealer, from URBAN Decay – I can say that I didn’t know what a concealer was supposed to be like before using this one – It’s a game changer and it does not compare to any other drug store concealers that I was using for years. It sets so easily, no one will know that you didn’t get any sleep last night. I like to apply it with my fingers and then blend blend blend with my trusty Beauty Blender, under my eyes in a reversed triangle, on my eyelids, down the bridge of my nose, a little on the center of my forehead and on my chin to bring those features out. The price is big at the first sight if you’d ask me, but after I saw the results and how it wears a whole day and night I would pay even more.
2. Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation – Marc, I love you even more after I tried this foundation. It’s weightless, I don’t feel like I am wearing anything on my face and one more big plus, they have many shades and I could find my perfect match. It’s medium coverage but you can definitely build it up until it covers every little flaw. I like to apply it with a damp Beauty Blender Sponge. It has a light, gel texture and it gives me a nice, healthy glow.
3. Diorskin Nude Air Tan Powder – CRUSH. I like to contour and bronze up my face with this for a sunkissed glow and to give me some sexy, defined cheekbones. Needless to say that it’s just one of the best bronzers I’ve ever tried.
4. Chanel Vitalumiere Éclat – It’s a compact foundation – I like to lightly set my foundation with it so it stays on all day. It almost melts on the skin and reveals a fine, flawless little face.
Beauty Blender – Let me introduce you to my new best friend. When I saw the price of this little gut I wanted to run away from Sephora and never come back. But then I decided it’s time to take my foundation routine to the next level. And it did. This little guy covers in 5 seconds my whole face, giving me an airbrushed effect. Like the foundation is actually my own skin. Trust me, I’ve been using little sponges I found at little boutiques and they have nothing to do with the King, the original Beauty Blender. It’s worth the splurge. It’s a real pleasure, it feels like a massage to apply my makeup with it – foundation, concealer, powder, even blush. Just make sure to fully saturate it with water before using, then squeeze and remove the excess water with a towel. To clean it, just use a super gentle soap and massage all the makeup out of that little friend. Too bad in Romania we don’t have yet the package with the original soap for, I would prefer using it to make sure the sponge gets the proper care. After I finish my makeup with all the powders, I like to tap tap tap on my face again with the damp Beauty blender for a more natural, blended effect.
5. MARY LOU-MANIZER by The Balm – This highlighter is used my every beauty guru on Youtube, now that I bought it I can see why – It’s just amazing! It gives you a healthy, natural glow. I like that it does not look like sparkles on the skin – it’s more of a metallic glow. Tip – dust some Mary Lou on your shoulders and chest when you wear a V neck or an off shoulder top to shine like a queen.
7. NAKED ON THE RUN PALETTE – This palette was a limited edition – you get a bronzer, a blush, eyeshadows, a lipgloss, a travel sized mascara and an eye pencil all packed into this luxury little treasure for a sultry look on the go. This is just perfect for travelling – I really recommend getting a palette because my makeup bag’s size is half smaller now.
Sephora Red Lipstick – One of my favorite, classic red shades.
I would be so happy to answer any of your questions about the products or my routine. Just leave me a comment or write me a message! Also, please tell me if you anjoyed this article or you’d like to see more of my makeup routine or maybe a makeup tutorial!
Thank you for being here, it means a lot!